what we are all about...

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Presidents Day Last Year. . .

A year ago tomorrow I was having a much different kind of day.
It was still a holiday thanks to presidents day. So Bentley and I decided to take advantage of the time off and put together a BIG group of friends to hike Bishops peak in San Luis Obispo. . . 
here are some of the finest of that hike :P
note the blood on the bridge of my nose!
 This hike has such great views, its not hard but you still get a good work out. 
Especially if you run it!

We love Bishops Peak. When we first met we would hike it about twice a week in the mornings for sunrise and then go to school.


However last year on Presidents Day, on that very familiar hike I was bit in the face by a german shepherd!! I didn't realize what had happened at first. It was so quick and cold outside that i didn't even feel it. It wasn't until my blood ran down and hit my lips that I knew something 'serious' happened.
This was a first in many ways for me...
  • My first dog bite
  • My first 'bloody nose'
  • My first stitches
  • My first hand holding with Bentley :)


Yes I had to get stitches. TEN of them and some super glue.
And yes, Bentley was there to hold my hand the entire time. Looking back on it now, knowing that I will never forget when, where, and why we first held hands is totally worth it.
It's a great story.
Plus I was fortunate to have a great doctor in the ER that holiday who stitched me right up with hardly any scar!
We finished the hike to the top of the peak and ran down since the numbness started to wear off, and I was bleeding pretty badly.

Those three dots under my nose is from the dogs lower jaw clamping on my nose!
He really went for the whole thing!



Tomorrow we will be running around on the North Shore of Oahu :)

Enjoy the last day of the THREE DAY WEEKEND
Stay away from dogs you do not know :)

2 comments:

M. Fritze said...

i cannot believe you are smiling in the gory nose photos! i would be totally crying! so brave. at least you got some hand holding out of it!!

Bentley and Michelle said...

oh i cried! it just hurt too much!!!