what we are all about...

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Eve- traditions and announcements!

This is my first christmas away from my family with Bentley at his parents cabin in Duck creek Utah. It has been different without my mom, dad, and brother, but I am really enjoying getting to know and spending time with my in-laws. 
Especially in such a magical place. 










This cabin of theirs- covered in snow, full of  family, and a cozy fireplace is lovely. I really could not have asked for a better family to marry into, for me this is perfect. I feel as though I blend in like another pair of boots at the front door.
Right where I belong amongst all the other pairs with my sole mate ;)





Their family tradition for years has been to have Bethlehem dinner on christmas eve and dress up like wise men or shepherds.
 The food is always something similar to what might have been eaten during the time Christ was born. Food is served on a low table lit only by candles, with pillow cushions for 'seats', no utensils and grape juice is the 'wine'. This year we didn't dress up for dinner, but we had cornish game hens, cucumber and hummus, cranberry sauce, olives, dates, fry bread, and cheese. 
It was delicious and so much better when eaten with your hands!



 

  


Dig in and drink up!

Yum!




Christmas morning... I'm always one of the first up!



Now for the announcements, dont get too excited I am not pregnant. 
But one of my sisters in law is!!! She told the family christmas eve by having Mimi, George and her 2 boys unwrap a gift that gave it away.
My favorite was the card with the #31 written on it in big black sharpie to her dad since it will be their 31st grandchild.  There are quite a few babies in this family right now. Emily just had one in September, Chandler is 4 months along and now another one due next August
Babies, babies, babies!!!


Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas with your loved ones!


No comments: