what we are all about...

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Etiquette Dinner 2013

So this one time we hosted a table at the annual youth etiquette dinner for our church. We had a table set for 8 with all the fixings; roses, candles, table runner, gold chargers, a friends' grandmothers gorgeous dishes, and enough silverware for thirty people!

Bentley and I love being apart of this youth activity. It's so fun to stir conversation among twelve and thirteen year olds during a four course meal. If I ate meals in courses like that all the time I would a lot less. I was full after the first two! But for the sake of propper etiquette facilitation, I ate :) I love being part of that preteen awkwardness, watching girls and boys learn to talk to one another, while helping them with formal table manners. Which is desperately needed for some.
Now I'm not saying Bentley and I have perfect manners...
This year I managed to send half my roll tumbling across the table, under my neighbors chair... 
REAL CLASSY!

Water was spilt and forks were dropped too. It was a very educational evening for us all

Looking forward to next year ;)
I only wish I had snapped a shot of Bentley and I!













No comments: