what we are all about...

Friday, July 15, 2011

Beignets and Mason Jars....

Today Bentley and I went out to breakfast (my favorite meal of the day)! We went to my favorite restaurant in town too, Big Sky Cafe. (I totally didn't rhyme on purpose)
Man it's been a while since I have been there.
I have tried nearly everything on their menu and have never been unsatisfied. I always leave happy, full, and relaxed. 
We decided to give Beignets a try and they were out of this world, especially the chocolate ones :o) The other 2 are fresh raspberry and a simple plain one. It reminded me of the line from Princess and the Frog "Make me some of you man catching beignets Tiana, I'm gunna catch me my prince tonight."
All the other goodness on the table is huevos rancheros; an all organic and vegetarian plate, fresh fruit with granola, and toast with fresh tart jam. Still not convinced that this is the best place to eat in SLO? 

Then we came across a sign that said home and garden everything must go TODAY! We ended up finding 11 mason jars that we will use for the reception (and for lights in our future home I'm sure) for RIDICULOUSLY cheap. 

All in all today was full of great finds and food! Now for some good sleep, because Harry Potter midnight showing took alot out of me.

1 comment:

Munro Murdock said...

That food looks mui delicioso!