what we are all about...

Thursday, October 20, 2011

High school reunions and childhood memories


Last weekend Bentley and I went home (my parents home) to the mountains. We originally planned on spending it together with everyone but at the last second my mom decided to go to her 30 year Pinole Valley High School reunion 
and naturally did not want to go to this sort of occassion alone.





 So I jumped at the opportunity! Girl time in the city and mountain man bonding time. (i love my husband SO much for his flexibility and unbelievably supportive nature.  plus i have never in my life seen my shy brother take to someone like Bent. he is a blessing in our lives in so many ways)
It was a blast, it was so sweet to see my mom enjoying a little.... freedom. Everyone kept complimenting how good she looked, how small she still was (as if she never left high school) and how great it was to bring your daughter. I am such a lucky one. 
Nothing like dancing the night away with your girlfriends :)

Go mom. I cant wait to see my dad feel the same way again someday.
 
On our way up to Danville we got to drive through the lucious green town where I grew up and visit with old friends. We had lunch with the Walkers who  are now nearly 90 and seem like they haven't changed a bit.
So youthful, so kind.
This trip made me want to go back. SO badly. I love the house I grew up in, the orange orchard  I played in, the creek I swam in and the roads I played endlessly on.  I had an enchanting inner city upbringing. 
It's safe to say I could go back.... after SLO and italy ;)
gosh there are so many places I love, its hard to be so sure!


Wherever we end up we will be happy (: thats a give in.
IN OTHER NEWS:
My dad is doing alright, getting a little stir crazy I can tell. So i am ging back to the mountains this weekend to actually spend time at HOME.
I miss them so much, and my brother is at that stage where he is growing up so fast. HE IS TALLER THAN ME already! yikes.
last weekend was crazy busy, full of laughter and tears, (the good and sad kind) hugs and kisses, long talks and familiar faces from childhood days.
I've seen better weekends, not gunna lie. This one was too sorrowfully tearful for my taste. But I can roll with it.
 This weekend is another opportunity to help my dad regain mobility and build muscle.
Bring it :)
Go give you dad a hug right now and tell him how much you adore him!

No comments: