what we are all about...

Saturday, October 08, 2011

Silence

We all need it every once in a while,
I probably enjoy it a little too much.
I wish I had more of it to read all the books I have started, 
waiting patiently for me to finish.
If I had more of it that means I would have less work. 
(Or a job in the library, which I don't so. . .) 
It means it would be summer, and I'd be lying on the beach in the blistering sun.
It could mean I'm on a nice long run, swim, or bike ride without an ipod.
In the near future I will have more silent moments in the marine layer mornings I adore so much
Silence can make a moment so lasting, so memorable.
Silence sets moods
I relish in silence, I get that from my mom. 
Silence is an introspective state I delight in. 


My thoughts are so clear; my goals so direct and endless






All is perfectly lonely.

2 comments:

Tara said...

michelle I knew we were soul sisters...I feel the same way there is something wonderful about the opportunity to look into your own soul and find peace

Munro Murdock said...

love this post...and the pictures, too! when I run or bike on the Provo River train in Provo Canyon it is sad to see how many people have to be plugged in to their headphones. nature has a lot to tell us...but we have to listen to it first.