what we are all about...

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

"To Dye For"

Bentley and I are officially signed up the 5K Color Run in SOCAL this coming April :)
We are SO stoked.
The name of the team we belong to was cleverly made up by my friends mom, "To Dye For"
Now if you are unfamiliar with the color run click HERE!
I have never ran this one before and I am super excited. It looks like a blast, and its only a 5K. Doesn't get much better than that!


I love running, i especially love running short distances, with girl friends.
The girls we are teaming up with I met my freshmen year of college in the most grueling sport I have ever participated in. 
CREW. 
 POWER 10 anyone? 

time for a dip

CHAMPIONSHIP in Tennessee 


 
light weight 4 plus our coxswain 
don't worry they're not too heavy


I was on the novice Long Beach State Womens' crew team. I spent every morning from 5:30 - 7:30 rowing, running, dry land training, and urging (the machines you see at the gym but have no idea how to use, yup we were all over those bad boys.)
Sweat runs and dieting were no joke since there is a weight requirement for this sport and major pressure to achieve set goals. like wrestling I assume.
I once did a sweat run with 3 sweatshirts and pants in the hot, humid, wet heat in Tennessee and dropped 4.7 lbs in 2.5 miles.
***NEVER again***


Crew got me through the homesickness and loneliness of freshmen year, when it crept in.


  • I got in the best shape of my life.
  • I found my passion for running
  • I changed the way I ate, forever.
  • I went to championship in Tennessee with the 'light weight 4' 
  • But best of all I made some life long friends :)




I can't wait to hang with these girlies again. 
OF COURSE ITS FOR A RUNNING EVENT.
Thats just how we roll, and I wouldnt have it any other way :)

1 comment:

M. Fritze said...

you are just the perfect girl, aren't you! pretty and sweet but a totally tough running, hiking,crew girl??! i am jealous! you have the best of it all!