what we are all about...

Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Workin' Out

Yesterday I went to a live african drum dance class for a little exercise.
 It was interesting.
I have NEVER felt so uncoordinated in my life!!! I use to take ballet, hip hop, and jazz; but african drum. MAN, was I lost. Definitely not for me in the long run,
but it was fun. I am always ready to try something new, thats one more thing to cross off the list.

Next up ZUMBA !

Today I opted out of a gym class and did my own thing. I am truly motivated deep down. 
The hardest step is ALWAYS the first one out the door
However, I LOVE working out and feeling strong. There was a season of my life where I worked out twice a day, averaging 6 - 8 miles a day running, about 5 days a week (including swim workouts)!
There is NOTHING like swimmers high by the way. If you know how good a runners high feels, imagine that times ten, in a beautiful blue, refreshing pool with bubbles all around you, no noticeable sweat, and no noise. 
Not even the beat of an ipod. 
That is a beautiful feeling.

I also found a new class I am really looking forward to going to. I will already know a few girls from church :) Can't wait. The instructor is going to kick my butt, I hope :) 
I hope you go outside tomorrow and get some fresh air!


Cease to be idle; cease to be unclean; cease to find fault one with another; cease to sleep longer than is needful; retire to thy bed early, that ye may not be weary; arise early, that your bodies and your minds may be invigorated.

1 comment:

M. Fritze said...

Inspiring me! Great job dissing your ben and jerry buddies. Victory!