what we are all about...

Friday, April 06, 2012

sporadic posting

SO I am not the most consistent blogger....
However I am trying. I try to remind myself how cool this will be when my kids are older and i want to share it with them. Not just my old tattered journals that may fall apart with the way i abuse them.
With out further adieu my feeble attempt to make up for lengthy absence-
This last month in a nut shell-



  • I officially started working in a second grade classroom and fell in love. In love with the classroom, the students, the teachers, the curriculum, the way the class functions, just about everything. Now I am confused about Preschool and what age i like working with most.
  • The leprechaun came and tore our classroom apart!
  • My dangerously handsome husband turned 31!!! (yes we are 9 years apart in case you were actually wondering)
  • I became obsessed with the hunger games and read all three books in 12 days... Bentley forgot who his wife was... i was 'non-existent'! I am already barreling through another book though, just not at the expense of quality time with the rest of the world ;)
  • I realized how much i love instagram, but I am not to the point of obsession yet.
  • Bentley got another A+ for his final grade in his class for Full Sail University
  • I went line dancing EVERY thursday night with Nicole! I'm no pro but I am having A LOT of FUN!!!!! I will be getting a nice new pair of boots once I reach a goal i set for myself in my work out routine. 
  • Bentley and I went to the mountains for the first part of spring break and watched conference with the family :)
  • I was attacked.... by a flu virus that rung out my innards and turned me into a dehydrated mess of unquenched curls. I literally could not make a tear fall from my eye i had so little water in my system. Or else, trust my I would have been sobbing.
  • Bentley and I started sanding and painting furniture to revive some of our things and put our guest room / office / music room in order. It is lookin great I cant wait until it is all done!
  • Oh and I was awarded enough in grant money to take care of college tuition costs with out taking out a loan (fingers crossed)


There you have it. Now I may go on attempting to update my blog daily with out feeling too badly about all the 'major happenings' i missed!                                  Have a beautiful friday





3 comments:

M. Fritze said...

love that you blog to keep us all in the loop! noah had that evil flu and it was bad! so glad you are better. congrats on grant $$!!

Kawika-Joe Howard said...

Aloha Michelle! I hope you remember me! I am Kawika-Joe Kiaha-Howard, Robb's younger brother...I used to live with them in SLO, well anyway I enjoyed your blog and I hope that you keep it up! You wrote, "Now I may go on attempting to update my blog daily..." I know that you used the key words "may" and "attempt" how about if you had a support system? Let's say a friend who reads your blog and actually posts comments about them...hummmm oh hey I know a person who just found out you had a blog and would not mind helping you out! Let me know! My email is kawikahoward@live.com or you can leave me a message or comment on Facebook! Mahalo!

Bentley and Michelle said...

YES! i remember you, thank you for reading and posting! As you can tell by how late I am to respond to your post i just figured out how to look over comments and "publish" them. Now i know, they will be much faster than a month later. I just found out you can have your blog printed in a bound book! That is really motivating too. Thank you for the push, just found you on FB too :)