what we are all about...

Monday, May 07, 2012

Relaxation: a lengthy post.

Girls weekend was unbelievably relaxing, more so than I had expected. I thought for sure I would come home feeling like I had some hours of sleep I needed to catch up on. After all aren't the hours between 11 and 2 in the morning the best for girl talk? 
Yes, we did have late nights but our days were so laid back as we enjoyed each others company, painting nails, going to the hot tub, massages, and getting to know each other better. There are three sisters, myself included, new enough to the family to have never been to a sister weekend yet! Hopefully this is a first of many wonderful weekends to come over the years. This is a great tradition, I could easily say is one of my favorites. 
I learned SO much about my sisters, two girls emailed all our husbands a survey questionnaire about their wife which was shared with all the girls! Our husbands were honest, hilarious, and so loving. We are all so lucky to be married to a Murdock man. (with the exception of Min who is an original Murdock) I  laughed harder than I have in a really long time, tried an INSANITY work out tape (more on that later), and ate TONS of yummy food.


The first morning I was there Mimi and I went on a walk outside and picked lilacs to flood the rooms with their potency. Mimi has such a tender heart and a keen attention to the smallest details. She wanted there to be a scent we would all adore and associate with out weekend together. It is funny how our sense of smell does that, it is entirely magical. There are lotions that I have that remind me of different summer vacations in the past. Now lilacs will forever remind me of my first Murock girls get away. (and my first massage:)


Obviously, her and I had some time together before all the girls arrived, which was delightful. Having met only last April I have seen her just a handful of times since then. So we definitely needed the face time. Any woman who has been married 45 years and still swooning, given birth 9 times yielding 8 boys and 1 girl, who is not only as cheery as a christmas elf and doing INSANITY work out tapes daily AND will be dancing in Missouri (by the time I get this post up)is someone I certainly want to be around! There is so much to learn from her.  


I am so thankful and feel so blessed to have entered into such a warm family, full of such different sisters. Seriously, we are all so unique and totally different, which the weekend full of surprises and hilarious one liners.
LILACS and Daffodils 

Mins' rasta dreads

Mimi trying on her dancing outfit she got at the thrift store for FOUR BUCKS!
CINCO de MAYO :)

just dance

Trunk george and Mimi, Every branch a family, every leaf the thumbprint of a family member!


No comments: