what we are all about...

Monday, January 21, 2013

MLK

Martin Luther King Jr. 
Did you know his legal name at birth was Michael King? 
His father had it changed later and said it was recorded incorrectly. I just thought this was an interesting wiki fact.

I love this man and everything he stands for; nonviolence, civil rights, racial equality, leading the Montgomery Bus Boycott (plus so many others), giving passionate sermons at church...
but most of all I love his speech at the 1963 March on Washington



"I have a dream that my four children will one day 
live in a Nation where they will not be judged 
by the color of their skin, but by the 
content of their character

I have a dream."


I am so thankful for advocates like this wonderful man.
I am so happy to see how far our country has come, and filled with anticipation to see where it will go!


Happy Monday!
It is going to be a beautiful week full of inspiring dreams :)


 


No comments: