what we are all about...

Monday, January 07, 2013

Setting Goals

2013
I love the New Year. 
The freshness and motivation it brings. 
I am thankful for the trials and refinement I went through in 2012 
My faith purified and strengthened and my character developed because of them. 
Every new year I like to go back and read my journal entries (not my blog- an actual paper and pen- personal journal) and highlight the situations/trials I feel I learned the most from and mastered. 
To those lessons learned I toast!
And then I make a list of the moments where I felt a little... well
lost, insecure, a little scared, or doubtful.
And mark them as a learning opportunity for the New year.
A personalized list of areas where i recognize I have room to grow.

Personal growth brings so much happiness.
This is fact.


One of my big goals for 2013 is to refer to that list of 'moments/feelings' I have documented 
Identify them, know them,  and try to recognize them as they enter my life again. 
Because they always return until I take away whatever I am supposed to from it.
I hope to feel fired up when those moments of uncertainty hit-
Grasp that moment and learn from it, OWN IT! And turn it into the next phase of personal progress.

Relish in the teachable moment in my own life, 
as opposed to fearing the unknown and or unfamiliar.

Call it prioritized progress.
Call it a service to self. 
Whatever it is...


I just know that I am excited for 2013 and all the joys it will bring!








recognize, learn, & love the refinement!





No comments: