what we are all about...

Monday, July 25, 2011

Breakfast in Bed

I don't know why I have such an obsession with food, but really I do. I love eating so eating nutritionally healthy well balanced meals is in my caloric intakes best interest. My favorite meal of the day is breakfast, and when I say "day" I mean any time of day.


FIRST tip on cooking a healthier breakfast- try coconut oil or olive oil instead of butter to fry or slap on toast.
SECOND- wheat instead of white pretty much always
THIRD - always incorporate fruit
FOURTH - try to get some protein in there... egg whites are the best, or a handful of almonds will do.
LAST but not least NEVER skip breakfast! No matter how much of a hurry you are in it is the most important meal of the day! Our bodies metabolism start as soon as we feed it. If you are trying to lose weight, or simply maintain weight, breakfast is vital. Something as small as handful of blueberries with a banana would suffice if you're on the run, no matter what don't skip! Skipping may lead to bigger, heavier meals later in the day that are unnecessary  for our daily diet. My motto is "Eat like a cow and graze all day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't agree more!! It reminds me of one of my favorite healthy-food sayings: "fruit does to the inside of the body, what soap does to the outside". =:o)