what we are all about...

Monday, September 17, 2012

besos en preschool :)

Mondays are a late start in our school district.  I LOVE IT!
Staff still goes to school at the regular hour but the kiddos don't come for another hour. We use our extra time prepping crafts and curriculum, staff trainings, and sometimes have an occasional staff breakfast together :) It is the best way to start the work week after a nice relaxing weekend, in my opinion.

Today was extraordinary 

I was greeted by the usual "Hola Maestra, como estas? Quieres leer con mi?" surrounded by smiles, and little hands tugging at my sides. Oh those adorable hands.
(there are so many spanish speakers in our morning class you would think you were in another country)
I am so thankful for my 3 years of high school spanish and one semester at college thats for sure!

We were having an extra long circle time this morning because there was a scheduled fire drill about to take place and we needed to explain extra carefully what was about to happen. Bentley even translated everything in spanish, something we dont normally have done since they are supposed to be learning english. But a fire drill is obviously really important. (Yes Bent and I got to work together today, but thats not what made it extraordinary, sorry love)

Then out of no where, in the middle of circle time this one little chica [who I have taken to since the first day of school, we are one in the same, with just a language barrier] whipped around, grabbed my cheeks and went in for a BIG ole' kiss!
I had to turn slightly so she would catch my cheek in stead of my lips, something about kissing on the lips in school doesn't seem appropriate... right? haha. 
Either way I absolutely melted. 
That was like giving my heart the best kind of hug known to man.
I love the fierce and feisty love of a child.
There is nothing like it!



I will be living on the love from that chicken peck for the next week thank you very much.

Happy Monday 
xxxooo xo

No comments: