what we are all about...

Sunday, September 09, 2012

Love, weddings, and our very own special day!


Tomorrow is our one year anniversary! I can not believe how fast time has flown by. A year ago today we were landing in Honolulu, rushing to get our marriage license to be on our merry way to the temple the following morning :) 

I remember thinking, wow even BORING buildings like the health department are gorgeous! 




















I always wanted to get married on one of the hawaiian islands; my parents were married on Kona in flip-flops, a flowery print dress with only a stranger as their witness. I always hoped my wedding would be something like that when I found my other half. 
Simple, Small, and Sunny :) 

We fortunately had bentleys parents with us to celebrate our union!
We had all the sunshine anyone could have asked for.
I even wore my mothers flowery dress, 
and her white temple dress from her sealing.





Oh and don't think we missed out celebrating with friends and family as well!
We had TWO receptions (we know how to do it right!) one in Utah and a ring ceremony/reception in Cali





We are so blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives, they made our receptions possible.























This month we had the pleasure of going to two weddings back to back already! 
Nothing like celebrating the commencement of loved ones' marriages to remind you of your very own special day.

yes we know our kids will have crazy curls!

Looking forward to tomorrow, reminiscing all day long with my best friend.
Photo credit to Mike Prior !

No comments: