what we are all about...

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Running

I have caught the running bug once again, thank heavens! 
Just in time for the holiday season says my waist line :) 
My hip flexors are SO tight, my feet are sore, and my ankles are definitely feeling it. But I can already see a difference in my quads, calves, and butt. It is seriously motivating to see results this quickly. The whole time I am running I tell myself to go faster so I can be done quicker. I love how good I feel in my own clothes and whilst eating copious amount of food when I am in a good running routine.
I really run for dessert. 
Hooray for speeding up my metabolism :)

This week I have logged 16 miles! That is just week one of my 12 week training schedule. The week is structured so that sundays are the high milage days to prepare for a half marathon since they are almost ALWAYS on Sundays. 
My plan is to see how I feel about running long distance and if I would like to do another half. Honestly I dont feel the need to do one again, the first time was great, I finished. 
End of story. 
But who knows, maybe once the miles get easier and go by faster I will be more competitive and want to better my time... maybe.

In the nice time- I will enjoy the ride!  





No comments: